Sunday, October 31, 2010

Earthbox Update - Week Twenty-Eight: A Big Bucket of Dirt

A week ago I haphazardly planted innumerable lettuce seeds, threw some dirt over them and let the garden gods take it from there.

I watered. I waited. And now these teeny tiny, itty-bitty, positively minuscule little things appear. Um...baby lettuce? Is that you?


Despite the fact that it's almost November and the temps have definitely started to feel chilly  overall , we got a glorious late-summer blast of 76-degrees and sunny. Maybe that lured these little guys out of the soil. Hopefully they'll keep on growing despite the return to more-season 50-something degree days.

In the meantime, I'll just keep tending to what basically looks like a big bucket o' dirt.

Whatever will I do when it's too cold to garden? Oh yeah, get back to yoga.

But in the meantime, I'll keep the peppers going inside and the bring the herbs in when it finally gets too cold from them out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment