Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Earthbox Update - Week Ten: Attack of the Killer Zucchini?

OK so these Earthbox zucs are getting so big, so fast that I am actually starting to get a little worried. I kind of want to ask, "Um...how big are you guys going to GET?!"

I only ask because I want to know if I need to start construction on an addition to house my humongous zucchini? (And is it just me, or does that sound a tad naughty? "Hey, baby, check out my big zucchini...heh heh heh." )

And just to give you an idea of exactly HOW big my zucchini is (heh, heh, heh), here's a picture of a leaf that dwarfs my hand. (Important side note: I have unusually large hands for a woman. Basically, they're man-hands. And this leaf is STILL bigger. Yikes!)
It took me 45 minutes to haul enough water out here for all these plants. Um...why did I think urban gardening was such a great idea? ;)

And now...enough procrastinating in the form of gardening and blogging, and back to work. Pages and pages of thrilling copy edits await.

Give me your thoughts on gardening--the good, the bad, and the humongous...

No comments:

Post a Comment