I wonder why? I really want to know! Please let me know your thoughts on this. Do you like to chant? Do you refuse to chant? Why or why not?
Here are my best guesses:
- It seems kind of weird and out there (what's next? A gong? Incense? Balancing on one pinkie?) and you're just here for a workout
- It seems vaguely religious and you are opposed to religion in general or worry that it conflicts with your own religious views
- You don't like how your voice sounds
- You're too embarrassed/self-conscious
- You don't see the point. Why bother?
- You don't know what the heck it is and until you have more information, you're just not going there
- You once suffered grievous chanting injuries as a child and are still dealing with the PTSD after-effects.
- You recently had your voicebox surgically removed
- You're too busy wondering what the Celtics/Lakers score is
- Wait...there's chanting?