Thursday, November 3, 2011

Snip, Snip...Sob...Update

I continue in my slash and burn campaign, trying to get Baby Manuscript to fit in its yoga britches. I started out at 147K words. I'm now down to a far-more slender 134K and I'm only 60% through the book.

What started out as a daunting task/horrifically painful process to consider ("But what could I cut? Where?? Every part is so precious!!!!") has actually become an empowering process of shedding the unnecessary.

It reminds me of donating clothes that I no longer need/wear/want. Sure that sparkly tube top brings back beautiful memories. But let's be honest, I'm in my mid-30s. It's time to part with the sparkly tube tops {sob, thanks for the memories, old friend}.

And once I finally dove in and started cutting, I have to admit, it does feel pretty darn good to lighten up!

What about anyone else? Find slash and burn painful? Liberating? No biggie? How do you deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment